Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kelsie's Cake from February

Oops! Forgot to post this one back in February :)
My middle girl, Kelsie, turned 4 on February 15th. I was in the first trimester of my pregnancy & wow-so sick all the time. I wasn't feeling well & Kelsie changed her mind so much, I had no plans to make a cake. But, at the last minute, she requested an all pink, Pink Panther cake. The sketch I came up with was much too elaborate & I had to simplify it a lot. But, I will have to save that sketch for a future date, because it would be really fun. Since it was just our little family for her birthday, it was okay to literally throw something together.
I baked a chocolate cake (has it been established yet that everyone in my family loves chocolate cake?) & dyed some cream cheese frosting pink. And I made a Pink Panther face from fondant, embellished with some icing.
Well she loved it, messy icing job & all :) The Pink Panther turned out pretty cute, I cut him out freehand.


she wore her super girl costume all day :)

1 comment:

  1. You have really awesome cakes here! I came upon a comment you made over at Sugar Sweet Cakes and Treats and saw your beginner of making cakes too! I always like to meet new bloggers who are starting out and learn from one another! Very nicely done!! I like the bachelorette cakes you made. Can I ask how you did the "boobs" :o) did you use round pans? Love to learn how you did that! Thanks!
    Please visit over where I'm at.

    New google bloggy friend!
    Yaneri
    www.sweetbakesofmine.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...