Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Little Owl Cake

Another cute cake I made a few years ago was this little owl cake. It was for a 1st birthday for a sweet little girl. 
I made everything on my own; and with no special tools. Seriously, I had some toothpicks, some bread knives, and a pizza cutter. I can't believe I made cute cakes with so little to work with, haha!

Looking back at these pictures is fun; but also I see where my mistakes were, too. 
For instance, though adorable, this cake needed more solid icing before the fondant was laid on. That's why there are little "ridges". Probably could have made the fondant more firm, as well. 
But you live & you learn! And for a YouTube/self taught cake maker; I think I did pretty good!




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...