Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Doc's Favorite Things

My main man/boyfran/husband, aka, The Doc is not a "fancy" dessert fan. He doesn't care for bells and whistles and fondant, blah, blah, blah. He likes the following desserts;
Chocolate chip cookies
Oreo Cookies
"Plain" chocolate cake (as in, chocolate frosting, yellow or chocolate cake)
Kit Kat's. 

Seriously. For Father's Day a couple years ago; I made him an Oreo cookie cake. It was super cool looking, and definitely tasty. But the verdict from The Doc was that it was too "Oreo-ey". Yep. Actually, I think it would have been better without the Oreo "crust" bottom. 


So for his birthday last year, I planned a surprise party with all his favorites; friends and foods. 
I felt so sneaky making cookie dough one day while he was out, then baking a trillion cookies another day he was gone, and hiding them in the back of a bottom cupboard. 
I also made party hats that had his baby picture on them (found a template online...can't remember where...this is why I need to blog regularly) and had those hidden as well. 
I arranged for our friends to come over to "babysit" while Don & I went out for a quick dinner. The reason he believed it had to be quick was because they could only stay for an hour. 
While he & I were out; they set up the party, as well as grilled the chicken & steak kabobs I had [partially] assembled before they arrived. 
Our friends rock because they really put the finishing touches on everything! 
When we got home; he really was surprised & that was the best part. 







(she's not pouting, that's her serious pose face)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...