Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Toy Story 5th Birthday

Beauty #2 turned 5 in 2012, and she was the first of the family to celebrate a birthday in our new house back "home" in Tennessee. 
She didn't have a specific cake in mind; but did know that she wanted a Toy Story party. 
I had a lot of fun with this one; from desserts to decorations. She also had one of the biggest turn outs of attendees at this party. The stars aligned & everybody's schedules were free. Love when that happens! 
By this time; Pinterest was on the scene, and I found lots of inspiration there. I decided to make alien cupcakes, chocolate mustaches (for Mr. PotatoHead), "Hamm" the pig cake pops, and a cloud cake (I always loved Andy's walls!). I ordered a super cheap chocolate mold tray on Amazon for the mustaches. 
I dyed white frosting for the alien cupcakes, and used mentos for the eyes, green apple "straws" (like licorice sort of), and black icing for the rest. If I made these again, I wouldn't use the mentos, the mint flavor was not wonderful. 
The biggest challenge for me were the cake pops! I can't remember what tutorial I followed...but my final result did not look as smooth & flawless as the pictures on Pinterest. Regardless; the kids loved them, and the party was a lot of fun! 
I found Andy's drawings online (again..I can't remember where...), and I made the birthday picture myself; drawing and hand cutting everything. 
The cake pops & chocolate mustaches were held up by jelly beans in jars. 






 
 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...