Tuesday, October 15, 2013

2013 Round-Up

This year's birthdays have been pretty low key, cake wise. I never make my own birthday cake (mines the first birthday in the year), and the Doc gave me a super fab/amazing/best ever/fantastical surprise 30th birthday WEEK. Gifts, dates, shopping sprees, chevron wonders, and a surprise party at a great restaurant. 
He's the man. 





Next in line, exactly one week after my birthday is Beauty #2, who unfortunately had the stomach flu on her birthday, so there was no cake. We did celebrate a week later for her; but she wanted a cake from the bakery. 
How rude! 
Just kidding, just kidding. 
However I will not post a bakery cake on my blog. There'll be none of that.

After that is Beauty #1, and at 10 years old this year, and obsessed with zebra stripes, that's what she requested. I believe her exact words were, "no fondant, just something simple". 

Boom.
Those are our Winter/Spring birthdays. The boys rule the summer, The Doc, then the JMan. If you're keeping up; the Doc is a "traditional" cake/dessert dude, so I'm pretty sure it was cookies or chocolate cake again...his birthday "gift" this year was our beach trip. He does love a good cookie bowl full of ice cream. 

I make these in a cupcake pan.

JMan isn't quite old enough to request themes yet, so we went with chocolate on chocolate for him this year. 

Rounding out the year for birthdays is Beauty #3. Her birthday is just a couple weeks away, and she changes her mind daily. So I have no idea what we're doing yet. 

As far as cakes for others; I've been kinda "retired" for a while. I made a Hello Kitty cake earlier this year for a friend. It looked exactly like Peyton's from last year. 
Looking through all these pictures makes me sort of want to get back into it. Although life with little kiddos makes it hard to be able to give it adequate attention, so I don't know. 
We will see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...