Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hello Kitty

When Beauty #1 turned 9 last year; she wanted a Hello Kitty party. We found tons of free Hello Kitty printables-seriously, just google it-and I designed a coordinating invitation for her to hand out at school (I no longer have them template because it was on our computer that died. RIP...). I came up with a pretty easy design for a cake and cupcakes. She had about 12 girls coming over, so I needed to make sure we had enough for everybody. 
I did not do fondant for these; we were all kind of burning out on that. 
Here's the thing about fondant; it's cool to use, you can do a lot with it. But it's a kind of weird texture, and even though the marshmallow recipe that I used was sweet (unlike the tasteless or poor tasting "other" versions); it was still really sweet. 
I digress...

So I decided to make the main cake just HK's face. I baked a 12in round for the main part, and two 6 in rounds to cut into the ears. 
Luckily her face is wicked easy to decorate & too no time at all. 
For the cupcakes, I used icing to add the details. I considered making fondant ears, or using candies, but decided to just skip the ears all together. And they still looked great.





 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...